none
Deployment project for database

Question

• I have a Sql server 2012 project and I don't konw if I can create a Setup project (an executable) to install it to a database.

I have found this article: "How to: Deploy a Database With a Web Application Project", because I have a Web Api that will use that database; but I don't know if I do this it will deploy the database with the Web Api installer (I have an installer, setup, for the web api).

How can I create a setup project to install a database?

Friday, February 9, 2018 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Vans,

According to your description, your issue is more related about Web App Publish, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at ASP.NET Installation and Setup Forum

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 12, 2018 1:27 AM
  • Hi Vans,

According to your description, your issue is more related about Web App Publish, it will be more appropriate to ask your question at ASP.NET Installation and Setup Forum

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Hi Stanly,

Thanks for your answer but I don't think this question goes to that forum because I'm asking 'How can I create a setup project to install a database?' but I have asked in the other forum to see someone knows how to deploy a database with an ASP.Net application.

Thanks.

Monday, February 12, 2018 7:30 AM
  • Hi Vans,

>>'How can I create a setup project to install a database?'

I do not know about web app, but in windows application(like Winform app), if you publish your project with ClickOnce, you can right click the application then go to the properties, change the Publish status to Include:

If you do it with Setup project(MSI), you can add the database file to the "Application Folder":

Regards,

Frankie

MSDN Community Support

Monday, February 12, 2018 7:49 AM