Run sample code for HealthVault 1003 Release RRS feed

• Question

• HealthVault is totally new for me. I just installed HealthVault 1003 DSK in my computer windows XP SP 2. It has Visual Studio 2005 installed. I try to open HVClientSample. It has newer version project and it fails to open. I got an error when I try to create a new sample application using HealthVault Application manager. Could you help me out? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Saturday, June 12, 2010 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hello ,

I am able repro the issue on XP SP3 + VisualStudio 2005 setup and getting the same error. I will contact our technical team on this issue and let you know the update once i get some information.

In the mean time you can run the HelloWorld sample application provided in this path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft HealthVault\SDK\DotNet\WebSamples\HelloWorldCertStore" by importing the Certificate into HealtVault  Application Manager

Import Certificate:

1). Open HealtVault  Application Manager and click on Import Pfx

2). Select the certificate(Pfx) file from the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft HealthVault\SDK\DotNet\WebSamples\HelloWorldCertStore\cert" and click on Open. Run the application

Please let me know if you face any issue.

Regards,

Madan Kamuju

Monday, June 14, 2010 9:57 AM
  • Hello,

If you are planning to create a non-web client application(windows / Console Applications) please have a look into the SODA architecture. You can find the sample code for creating a SODA application in the below link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/healthvault/ee708278.aspx

Hope this helps .

Regards,

Madan Kamuju

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hello ,

Could you please upgrade your OS to XP SP 3, as per the system requirements mentioned in the HealthVault SDK Download Page in the below url
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=95e14343-fb98-4549-bd29-225a59423cc9&displaylang=en

Please see the similar post in the below url
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/healthvault/thread/7756D7AC-D423-4BD1-A7D0-FD2A510028ED

Please let me know if you still face the issue.

Regards,

Madan Kamuju

Saturday, June 12, 2010 5:56 PM
  • Hi, Madan:

First Thanks a lot for your help on this.

I upgraged it to SP3 now. After using HealthVault Application Manager to creating some New Hello World Sample code, I got the same error exception.

An unknown error occured while creating your project.
    System.Runtime.IteroService.COMException (0x80030002): could not be found. (Exception from: 0x80030002(STG_E_FILENOTFOUND)) at EnvDTE80.Solutions.AddFromTemplate(String FileName,String Destination, String ProjectName, Boolean Exclusive)

Do I need to reinstall HealthVault SDK? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Lu8

Sunday, June 13, 2010 12:35 PM
  • Hello ,

Could you please try after uninstall and reinstall the HealthVault SDK and please let me know if you still face the issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Madan Kamuju

Sunday, June 13, 2010 5:30 PM
  • Hi, Madam:

Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled the HealthVault SDK. But the same issue exists. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lu8

Sunday, June 13, 2010 10:35 PM
  • Hello ,

I am able repro the issue on XP SP3 + VisualStudio 2005 setup and getting the same error. I will contact our technical team on this issue and let you know the update once i get some information.

In the mean time you can run the HelloWorld sample application provided in this path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft HealthVault\SDK\DotNet\WebSamples\HelloWorldCertStore" by importing the Certificate into HealtVault  Application Manager

Import Certificate:

1). Open HealtVault  Application Manager and click on Import Pfx

2). Select the certificate(Pfx) file from the path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft HealthVault\SDK\DotNet\WebSamples\HelloWorldCertStore\cert" and click on Open. Run the application

Please let me know if you face any issue.

Regards,

Madan Kamuju

Monday, June 14, 2010 9:57 AM
  • Hi, Madan:

Yes, it ran using your workaround solution. This sample uses web application. I try to create a windows application or drive to load some medical data from medical device to populate to HealthVault. Could you give me some advice that which sample code I could use? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks

Lu8

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 4:47 AM
  • Hello,

If you are planning to create a non-web client application(windows / Console Applications) please have a look into the SODA architecture. You can find the sample code for creating a SODA application in the below link.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/healthvault/ee708278.aspx

Hope this helps .

Regards,

Madan Kamuju

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:56 AM