• Question

• I'd like to use "PrintForm" in

Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
            Dim pf As New PrintForm
            pf.Form = Me
            pf.PrintAction = PrintToPrinter
            pf.Print()
        End Sub

I've downloaded and run the executable at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio//bb735936.aspx but I don't see any changes.  PrintForm is still not defined and I cannot add anything to the toolbox (I assume this is unnecessary if I'm only calling the Print() function programmatically).

Friday, November 30, 2012 5:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Metallious,

Thanks for you post.

I assume you have installed the PowerPacks successfully.

You can add the controls into toolbox by Right click on the blank side in Toolbax windows ->choose Items… -> choose .Net Framework Components option ->Mark the “PrintFom” control.

You can remove the “not defined” error by add the reference to your application (Right Click the Application name -> add reference-> .Net option -> Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs), and add following code it your application (vb code):

Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Printing

Hope this helps.

Mark Liu-lxf [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, December 3, 2012 5:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Metallious,

Thanks for you post.

I assume you have installed the PowerPacks successfully.

You can add the controls into toolbox by Right click on the blank side in Toolbax windows ->choose Items… -> choose .Net Framework Components option ->Mark the “PrintFom” control.

You can remove the “not defined” error by add the reference to your application (Right Click the Application name -> add reference-> .Net option -> Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Vs), and add following code it your application (vb code):

Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic.PowerPacks.Printing

Hope this helps.

Mark Liu-lxf [MSFT]

Monday, December 3, 2012 5:47 AM
  • Hi Metallious,

We haven’t heard from you for several days. I’d like to mark my reply as answer firstly. If you have any additional questions, you also can unmark the reply and post your question here. 

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day.

Mark Liu-lxf
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 10, 2012 5:17 AM