none
Set ErrorProvider ToolTip Duration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've created an application that shows a lot of information in the tooltip when the ErrorProvider is set as an error.  The tooltip only appears about 4 seconds and then disappears.  Is there a property somewhere that I can set a longer duration for the ErrorProvider tooltips?  Perhaps 10 seconds instead of 4?

Thanks,

Michael McDonald

Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:06 PM

All replies

• Refer following link

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/17102/ErrorProvider-Fix-for-Disappearing-ToolTip

Gaurav Khanna | Microsoft VB.NET MVP

Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:13 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the quick response but this does not address my issue.  My tooltip does reappear, but I want to make the duration that it appears longer.  I downloaded this project from codeproject, but it does not seem to have a property to set a longer duration.

Thanks,

Michael

Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:23 PM
  • bump
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:20 PM
  • Hi Michael,

For my research, I found that the ToolTip continue displaying when the when the ErrorProvider blinks.

I have tried to customize ErrorProvider to set the blink time. However, I failed to set the ToolTip display time.

Maybe we can set the BlinkStyle to AlwaysBlink then to its previous style to keep the ToolTip display. But I found it not easy to set the timer and get the accurate time when the ToolTip begins to show...

Friday, June 8, 2012 6:22 AM
  • Hi Hellipking,

I was looking to extend the duration of the tooltip, not the blinking of the icon next to the field that the SetError is associated with.

Friday, June 8, 2012 5:31 PM
  • bump
    Friday, June 8, 2012 5:32 PM