none
The remote name could not be resolved

Question

• Hi,

I have a C# application that downloads a file from Azure Storage every now and then (config file for the app.). However, from time to time, the application will error out by returning the following error:

The remote name could not be resolved: '***.blob.core.windows.net'

After a few unsuccessful retries, the application will be able to retrieve the file and then it will error out again.

I am not sure this is related to network issues as this problem is reproducible on different networks in different locations.

Could it be a DNS issue or a problem with retrieving the blob from that URL via C#?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jean-Michel

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:43 PM

All replies

• What version of Azure Storage Client Library are you using? We recommend using the latest version of the client library for .NET that can be downloaded here. Also, if you are using a proxy then try to bypass it and see if it works.
    • Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Monday, May 22, 2017 9:42 AM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:53 PM
  • Seems that the issue with the network accessing the Azure storage using client libraries, can you try running the same setup on some other machine or in other network which has consistent connectivity? Or as Shihad suggested - try without proxy (if you are currently using it).

Bhushan Gawale | RapidCircle

Friday, April 21, 2017 7:19 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply. I am not using the client libraries to retrieve the file, I am using a standard HTTP client instead (basic C# HTTP client).
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 9:40 PM
  • @jmpnadeau

Are you still facing the same issue?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Sunday, October 29, 2017 4:46 AM