Multi Size Items, GroupInfo How to count proportion? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have list view which contains multi size items. List view uses Grid layout and items are in places where they should be. However, gap between items is different: In some groups - equals, in some - not and in some - mixed. I found that gap sizes depends by groupInfo: cellWidth, cellHeight and items: width, height.

In some pages I found that groupInfo: cellWidth and cellHeight must be the smallest item in the list (MS Page) - Doesn't work. In some pages I found that you must count a proportion with some weird formulas - tried, didn't work.

Eventually, I started playing with number for hours and found correct number for my layout in one project which was 10 and 5. However, in this case my items size had always to end with 0 or 5. Now, I have another project and don't want to waste hours again for looking a number.

Two questions:

What the hell?

How can I count what numbers I have to put there?

listView.layout = new ui.GridLayout({ groupInfo: groupInfo, groupHeaderPosition: "top" });

function groupInfo() {       

return {           

enableCellSpanning: true,    

cellWidth: 9,           

cellHeight: 9       

};   

}

Thanks for all your info and help!

Mantas

• Edited by Mantelis Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:13 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Mantas,

RE 1.  Hell is a hot place according to some people.

RE 2.  Can you give a simple sample of where you are having difficulty?  From your description it is difficult to see what you are struggling with.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, August 24, 2012 11:03 AM