Develop Kinect v2 program with JavaScript RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'd like to ask whether I can develop with JavaScript for Kinect v2. I have not found such .js files that support v2 for now.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2016 1:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You cannot use Kinect v2 in "regular javascript" code running in a web browser, but you can use javascript as programming language for Kinect in a Window Store app. I think you have some tips to do this in the Kinect Jumpstart video tutorials.

Anyway, some of the Kinect SDK features are missing from the Javascript library (one of this missing features is the KinectRegion which allows an easy access to basic interactions with a hand cursor).

Friday, May 27, 2016 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You cannot use Kinect v2 in "regular javascript" code running in a web browser, but you can use javascript as programming language for Kinect in a Window Store app. I think you have some tips to do this in the Kinect Jumpstart video tutorials.

Anyway, some of the Kinect SDK features are missing from the Javascript library (one of this missing features is the KinectRegion which allows an easy access to basic interactions with a hand cursor).

Friday, May 27, 2016 8:21 AM
  • Thank you a lot.
    Friday, May 27, 2016 1:26 PM