DevExpress version of Ajax toolkit RRS feed

• Question

• User-962670764 posted

I have been having issues with VS2015 - and I think that it has something to do with Ajax. A popup calendar and  modal popup do not] work, and they did inVS2012. other hyperlinks and buttons seem to work OK.  I saw that there is a new version of the ajax toolkit developed and maintained by DevExpress. I went to  the download and got the exe and clicked install. However, the installation ran for1.5 hours and when I clicked the window and a message popped saying that the install had quit working. Has anyone had aa problem with this? O ram I doing something wrong?

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:22 AM

Answers

• User-962670764 posted

not necessary, I found that you have to run as administrator. The link that downloads it starts the install without confirming that you are admin. I ran the downloaded exe as admin and it finished up in a minute or two.

thanks

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 1:41 PM

All replies

• User1724605321 posted

Hi dieseldave,

That will be strange and may cause by many reasons , have you tried to use the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit Nuget package to install the library ?

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 8:13 AM
  • User-962670764 posted

Executed on nuget console:

PM> Install-Package AjaxControlToolkit
    Install-Package : Unable to find package 'AjaxControlToolkit'
    At line:1 char:1
    + Install-Package AjaxControlToolkit
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PackageManag
       ement.PowerShellCmdlets.InstallPackageCommand

I tried re-running the DevExpress exe at 6:00AM it is still running at 9:06 AM?

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 3:08 PM
  • User-962670764 posted

if I use the list available command in nugget console ajax toolkit v 15 is listed, but if I search on it aloi I get:

AjaxControlToolkit   
    AjaxControlToolkit : The term 'AjaxControlToolkit' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is 
    correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:1
    + AjaxControlToolkit
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (AjaxControlToolkit:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

and DEvExpress install has been running since 6 am - 5.5 hrs.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:34 PM
  • User1724605321 posted

Hi dieseldave,

I have not met this kind of problems , you could try to re-install your NuGet package manager and hope other members could help you .

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

Thursday, December 17, 2015 3:09 AM
  • User-962670764 posted

not necessary, I found that you have to run as administrator. The link that downloads it starts the install without confirming that you are admin. I ran the downloaded exe as admin and it finished up in a minute or two.

thanks

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 1:41 PM