none
Published changes go missing RRS feed

• Question

• We have a publishing site that is our intranet portal. It was created as a press release site template. Over a weekend changes to a list column disappeared. Also changes to some web parts were gone. Finally the default.aspx page was rolled back to the original masterpage version.

I swear no one was in there working as this always happens after hours, and there are just three of us that have access. Looking into the alllists DB (this is the dev environment) I see that many lists on this site are showing modified dates in groups. By this I mean that perhaps 20 lists across the sites are all showing a modified time of 6:11 pm on Thursday. No content deployment jobs are running. I checked the log files for all three servers in that farm and there doesn't seem to be anything special going on that would seem to be the culprit. There were some dates in the future in this field as well. I thought that was odd, but may be they are a a scheduled go live time? But I seriously doubt that the other two persons involved are using scheduled update times.

Has anyone ever seen a similar behavior in any of their farms?
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:05 PM