Animation Corner; Strategy

Question

• Hi everyone,

I am not very experienced in vb.net so here a general question. I am looking for a strategy to animate a textblock that should move horizontally towards a point where it turns 90 degree along a quarter circle path and continous to move vertically downwards (see image)

Is there an easy way to animate this keeping the string (here Textblock) in one textblock and still make it look like the word bends around the corner? I would like to code it all in VB.net even though it is probably a lot simpler in XAML but I am also glad for any suggestion on a generall strategy.

(For now my only idea was to use storyboard doubleanimationusingkeyframes for each letter as 1 textblock and moving it one after another by linear interpolation of a translate transform to the end of the horizontal line, then rotate it around the center of the quarter circle by use of the plane projection property calling the RotationZ of the textblock and then time the last translate transform to move it to the end of the vertical line.)

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:48 PM

Answers

• Hi CM111,

>>Is there an easy way to animate this keeping the string (here Textblock) in one textblock and still make it look like the word bends around the corner?

I've achieve this in WPF by using Geometry class, but in Runtime, there is no alternate way to get the same effect of Geometry.GetFlattenedPathGeometry() method, so you need a lot of jobs(Customize Path and Transform) to make this work in WINRT.

Also you can use some open-source WinRT control, just find them using your favorite search engine(eg. WinRT PathTextBlock)

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by CM111 Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:06 PM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi CM111,

>>Is there an easy way to animate this keeping the string (here Textblock) in one textblock and still make it look like the word bends around the corner?

I've achieve this in WPF by using Geometry class, but in Runtime, there is no alternate way to get the same effect of Geometry.GetFlattenedPathGeometry() method, so you need a lot of jobs(Customize Path and Transform) to make this work in WINRT.

Also you can use some open-source WinRT control, just find them using your favorite search engine(eg. WinRT PathTextBlock)

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by CM111 Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:06 PM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 9:37 AM
  • Okay, thanks for the hint
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 11:06 PM