none
SharePoint Email Workflow to Google Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings fellow SharePoint enthusists!

BackGround:

I currently have a workflow in place that sends attendees from a SharePoint Calendar an email with a clickable link to add it to their Outlook Calendar (Using the .ics method). However now the email by client "X" will be moving to Gmail and using Google Calendar as the primary calendar source.

Issue:

Do any of you know of a way to have a clickable link, inside a SharePoint workflow email, that would add it to the user's Google Calendar?

Note:

I am not looking for a "Calendar Sync" I am simply looking for a link the user can click and it will add the SharePoint Event to their Google Calendar.

• Edited by KamzK Monday, December 29, 2014 7:58 PM Added note
    Monday, December 29, 2014 7:55 PM

All replies

• Hi KamzK,

There shouldn't be an OOTB way (or a link) to retrieve SharePoint calendar event and then insert to Google calendar by design, it will need code(e.g. call web services from SharePoint and Google calendar) to get the SharePoint Calendar event and then insert to Google calendar.

Here is an article about this topic with code method which may help, you can take a look.

http://blog.bendsoft.com/2011/04/sharepoint-to-google-calendar-synchronization/

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 1, 2015 2:39 PM
  • I don't have access to VS or the servers, any ideas of alternate ways? Any advice is appreciated.
    Monday, January 5, 2015 6:40 PM