none
How to fun an .exe file on the target computer from a link label RRS feed

• Question

• what i'm looking to do is click a link label and it runs a program already istalled on the target computer, I don't need to chec k if the programis already installed on the target computer as this program will only be put on computers that already have the other program. this is what I have already,  I've already import the system.io property in the beginning of the form

Private Sub LinkLabel4_LinkClicked(sender As Object, e As LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs) Handles LinkLabel4.LinkClicked
            Process.Start("c:\program files(x86)\ail\eapp\eapp.exe")
        End Sub

where "c:\program files(x86)\ail\eapp\eapp.exe" is the file path that the link label needs to run

thank

Friday, August 31, 2018 6:14 PM

All replies

• That would be the shell function.
    Friday, August 31, 2018 6:58 PM
  • what i'm looking to do is click a link label and it runs a program already istalled on the target computer, ...  I've already import the system.io property in the beginning of the form

Private Sub LinkLabel4_LinkClicked(sender As Object, e As LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs) Handles LinkLabel4.LinkClicked
            Process.Start("c:\program files(x86)\ail\eapp\eapp.exe")
        End Sub

So what seems to be the problem with what you are trying to do?

Are there build errors? Are there run time errors?

Be specific.

- Wayne

Friday, August 31, 2018 7:16 PM

•         Process.Start("c:\program files(x86)\ail\eapp\eapp.exe")

where "c:\program files(x86)\ail\eapp\eapp.exe" is the file path that the link label needs to run

Note that there should be a space before the (x86) in the path:

Process.Start("c:\program files (x86)\ail\eapp\eapp.exe")

- Wayne

Friday, August 31, 2018 7:28 PM
  • Hi,

What do you want to deal with a remote directory file?

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 3, 2018 7:18 AM