IIS - Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/my_select'. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1141816073 posted

Hello,

I have an asmx service that when i point to it locally functions without issue.  as soon as i deploy it to our test box on a 2008 r2 (IIS 7.5 I think)  i start getting the following error:

Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in '/ReferenceSerialList_Select_table'.

is there some setting in IIS that i need to make in order for this to work?  

What I am trying to do is call the servie via jquery and like i mentioned all seems to funciton without issue until i deploy it.  

any ideas what I need to do to make this work?

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 8:36 AM

Answers

• User-417640953 posted

aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Hi olson2334,

Thank you post the issue to asp.net forum.

If you solve the error "equest format is unrecognized for url unexpectedly ending...." by using command "aspnet_regiis.exe -i".

I think The IIS 7.5 in the 2008 r2 is not register the asp.net 4 however your asp.net web service needs the Asp.net 4.

As mentioned, "aspnet_regiis.exe -i" installs ASP.NET 4 and updates existing applications to use the ASP.NET 4 version of the application pool.

It updates both the IIS Classic mode and the IIS Integrated mode handler and script mappings in the IIS metabase.

For more information, please follow below article.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(v=vs.100).aspx

Thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 3:42 AM

All replies

• User724169276 posted

call the servie via jquery

Show the related code(s).

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:52 AM
  • User-1141816073 posted

strange I thought I had done this but this seemed to fix it:

aspnet_regiis.exe -i 

Can anyone tell me though what this really does and what is happening when I run this? what harm is there or potential issues do i cause when runing this?
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:11 AM
  • User-417640953 posted

aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Hi olson2334,

Thank you post the issue to asp.net forum.

If you solve the error "equest format is unrecognized for url unexpectedly ending...." by using command "aspnet_regiis.exe -i".

I think The IIS 7.5 in the 2008 r2 is not register the asp.net 4 however your asp.net web service needs the Asp.net 4.

As mentioned, "aspnet_regiis.exe -i" installs ASP.NET 4 and updates existing applications to use the ASP.NET 4 version of the application pool.

It updates both the IIS Classic mode and the IIS Integrated mode handler and script mappings in the IIS metabase.

For more information, please follow below article.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(v=vs.100).aspx

Thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 3:42 AM