Refresh form Page from Subform RRS feed

• Question

• My capital time sheet program required setting up a main form for the employee and 7 sub forms (days of the week).

The main form has week total area that can be refreshed any time by hitting a refresh button.

What I want is to have an "after update" command that calls for the main page to refresh (not re-query)

Main form is called: Employee

Subforms are called: Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat

• Edited by Mark Matzke Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:45 AM Formatting
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:44 AM

Answers

• My capital time sheet program required setting up a main form for the employee and 7 sub forms (days of the week).

The main form has week total area that can be refreshed any time by hitting a refresh button.

What I want is to have an "after update" command that calls for the main page to refresh (not re-query)

Hi Mark,

If the subforms are subforms of the mainform, and you want the mainform to be refreshed from a subform, then you can refresh the mainform with:

Me.Parent.Refresh  (Me is the subform)

Imb.

Imb.

• Proposed as answer by Matzke Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by George Hua Friday, September 20, 2013 6:10 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:40 AM

All replies

Hi Mark,

If the subforms are subforms of the mainform, and you want the mainform to be refreshed from a subform, then you can refresh the mainform with:

Me.Parent.Refresh  (Me is the subform)

Imb.

Imb.

• Proposed as answer by Matzke Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by George Hua Friday, September 20, 2013 6:10 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:40 AM
  • Perfect - Added code and it works - Thank you

But where do I mark as answered?  (This site has changed since i last used it)

• Edited by Matzke Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:35 AM more info
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:31 AM
  • Perfect - Added code and it works - Thank you

But where do I mark as answered?  (This site has changed since i last used it)

Hi Mark,

Your original post was signed as "Mark Matzke", and this last one as "Matzke". Therefor, according to computer logic, a different person.

Imb.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:46 AM