BizTalk Server Compatibility with BizTalk Server Group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I want to know about the BizTalk Server Group compatibility with BizTalk Servers in the group.

I got the MS statement that “mixed” BizTalk Server group that includes both 32-bit and 64-bit BizTalk runtimes is supported.

However, my concern is, can we have different BizTalk Servers version in Same BizTalk Server Group.

Scenario

• Let us assume, I have two different versions of BizTalk Servers i.e. BTS 2006 R2 EE 64 bit and BTS 2009 EE 64 bit. So can I add these Servers in a BizTalk Server Group ?

Thanks..

Thursday, September 9, 2010 7:34 PM

Answers

• No, like William said you cannot have different BizTalk versions in the same group. One reason why is that the supporting SQL Server database objects are different for different BizTalk versions.

I would anticipate there would not be a problem if you had 32-bit and 64-bit BizTalk servers in the group.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Proposed as answer by Abhijit Mahato Friday, September 10, 2010 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ahsan Mumtaz Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:14 PM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 9:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Shiv,

No.  A single server can reside in only one group, and must be running the same version and language of BizTalk Server.

Thanks,

William

Thursday, September 9, 2010 7:58 PM
  • No, like William said you cannot have different BizTalk versions in the same group. One reason why is that the supporting SQL Server database objects are different for different BizTalk versions.

I would anticipate there would not be a problem if you had 32-bit and 64-bit BizTalk servers in the group.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Proposed as answer by Abhijit Mahato Friday, September 10, 2010 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ahsan Mumtaz Tuesday, September 14, 2010 4:14 PM
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 9:42 PM