none
Read-only option for Datasheet view in access web app doesn't work if datasheet in popup! RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys,

I noticed a wrong behavior of the datasheet views, while I marked them to be read-only, and I open it in popup it will not remain read-only (although the add and delete buttons are disabled) but the "new" line at the bottom of the sheet is active and I can add records normally!!

but if the datasheet view is opened from normal default generated view... the read-only option is working!!

is it some kind of bug in access? or something wrong I am doing?

Note: I have subscription office 365 and office 2016 desktop apps installed with the latest updates.

Regards

Mohammad

Sunday, March 5, 2017 11:11 AM

All replies

• Hello Mohammad,

I could reproduce your issue and I didn't find any documents to clarify if it is a built-in behavior, I suggest you submit a feedback on Access User Voice .

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 6, 2017 6:28 AM
  • thanks Celeste... I posted my feedback on Access User Voice.
    Monday, March 6, 2017 6:23 PM