First time user login after ondedrive install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have a RDS environment based on Server 2019. There is 1 connection broker/rdweb and 2 session hosts. We are using FSLogix profile containers, latest version. Since Onedrive is supported now on 2019, I installed the latest version with the /allusers switch. Since I have done this we have the following problem. The first time a new user logs in, user profile does not yet exist, it takes several minutes to login. It can take more than 5 minutes. Once this is done and the user profile is created, the next logins are much faster. Just the very first login takes lots of time. Onedrive also works as expected. When I remove onedrive again, the problem disappears and first time user login is fast again.

Any ideas what onedrive is doing this first login? As far as I can see it does nothing as the first setup for the user is not even done yet. This can only be done once the user is logged in and does the initial sync.

regards,

Guy

Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:40 AM

All replies

• @G_BRA,

During that first logon there are a few things that have to happen... The vhd itself has to be created and formatted. Then, any data that exists in the users profile that SHOULD be in the new container needs to be copied. Since you have a new profile, this shouldn't be taking a lot of time. I would recommend looking at the ODFC logs in C:\ProgramData\FSLogix\Logs and see if you can identify from the timestamps in the logs what operations might be taking the time.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:13 PM
  • We are not using ODFC, just profile containers. The logs do not show anything abnormal. I put the user in the exclude group and removed the user profile. Again it took a very long time at first login. So this is probably not a fslogix issue.
    Monday, October 21, 2019 7:44 AM