none
VBA method that returns the active timephase TimeScaleUnits RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a VBA method that returns the timephase TimeScaleUnits (i.e., "days", "weeks", "months", etc.) for an active Resource Usage view ?  If so, what is it?

Thanks in advance.

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Monday, June 17, 2013 4:03 PM

Answers

• Spiro,

As far as I can tell, (and I'm sure you already searched), there is nothing in VBA that will allow you direct access to read the timescale units setting. Not unusual, there are other settings in Project that are not accessible directly (e.g. fonts). The "kicker" is that similar setting are accessible directly in VBA for other Office apps (e.g. Excel).

When faced with this type of issue, I resort to creative indirect methods. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. If I may ask, why exactly do you want the timescale units information?

John

Monday, June 17, 2013 4:22 PM

All replies

• Spiro,

As far as I can tell, (and I'm sure you already searched), there is nothing in VBA that will allow you direct access to read the timescale units setting. Not unusual, there are other settings in Project that are not accessible directly (e.g. fonts). The "kicker" is that similar setting are accessible directly in VBA for other Office apps (e.g. Excel).

When faced with this type of issue, I resort to creative indirect methods. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. If I may ask, why exactly do you want the timescale units information?

John

Monday, June 17, 2013 4:22 PM
  • I would like to be able to have the Resource Usage view (i.e, the field in active table and the Timephase data) copied to Excel as is, i.e,.  without having to prompt the user to choose the timephase units format.  My client is currently exporting this data from msp version 2002.

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Monday, June 17, 2013 5:00 PM
  • Spiro,

Honestly I think your best bet is to pop up a simple message asking the user for the desired units. There may be a way to get the units setting indirectly but I'd have to spend some time coming up with a method and right now I don't have that time, sorry.

John

Monday, June 17, 2013 5:08 PM