How to hide \ remove the Collaboration,Enterprise,Publishing tabs in Moss 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to hide/remove the ootb tabs (Collaboration,Enterprise,Publishing)

is it possible ?

Please help me on this

Veerendra Patil
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Veerendra,

Please go to top site > Site Actions > Site Settings > Modify All Site Settings > Click Page layouts and site templates under Look and Feel.

Select SubSites can only use the following site templates and add the template you need.

For example:

If you want to hide Collaboration, Enterprise, Publishing tab, templates under Application Templates, Publishing tab are only needed to be added.

Let me know if there are other questions, thanks.

Best regards. Emir
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 2:34 AM

All replies

• Those tabs are there because there are site definitions that are targeted at those tabs.  The only real way to remove them would be to reset the site definitions hidden attribute to true so that they don't display in the UI.  If they don't display then the tabs they are listed on won't display either.  Take a look at the following blog post on how to set the hidden attribute.

http://www.sharepointkings.com/2008/05/how-to-disable-default-out-of-box-site.html

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:18 PM
  • Hi Veerendra,

Please go to top site > Site Actions > Site Settings > Modify All Site Settings > Click Page layouts and site templates under Look and Feel.

Select SubSites can only use the following site templates and add the template you need.

For example:

If you want to hide Collaboration, Enterprise, Publishing tab, templates under Application Templates, Publishing tab are only needed to be added.

Let me know if there are other questions, thanks.

Best regards. Emir
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 2:34 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for the reply,

I have tried the above  suggested option and it worked fine.

Regards

Veerendra Patil

Veerendra Patil
    Friday, February 18, 2011 10:00 AM
  • If you just want to hide the tabs when users are creating sub sites and you have publishing turned on, then Emir's solution is the better supportes answer.  But if you need to hide them during the creation of site collections, don't have publishing enabled, or want to do it for multiple site collections than the article I suggested is really your only option.

If you found the suggestion useful then please mark it as the answer.

Paul Stork SharePoint Server MVP
    Friday, February 18, 2011 3:01 PM
  • Hi Paul,

we have created site templates using Custom Site Defination under a separated tab,now i need to make it  avaliable(visible) only that tab   to the users  and want to  hide all the other tabs. also i have so many site collections so your suggestion is suitable for me.

Thanks for the help.

Veerendra Patil
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:59 AM
  • Hi ,

I have tried the above suggestion by Emir and it worked fine,but  we have to confogure for each site collection

Veerendra Patil
    Saturday, February 19, 2011 10:08 AM