Report Viewer 2010 - Adding HTML to support renders in local mode RRS feed

• Question

• When I used Report Viewer 2008, I could register custom rendering extensions and the HTML rendering extension to be used for saving reports.

Now that I am using Report Viewer 2010 I can not register custom rendering extension or the HTML rendering extension to be used for saving reports.

Has anyone run into this problem?  Is there a way that I can register a custom rendering extension to be used in Local Processing Mode?

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi bushfoot,

As far as I know, we can make use of ReportViewer.ExportDialog Method to save the exported report to a file with the specified file name, when implement Rendering Extension:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd496982.aspx

If you still have any confusion on this issue, could you please elaborate your problem with more detail message(such as detail error message, designing steps)?

Thanks,
    Lola 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 3:23 AM
  • Thanks Lola. 

I am using the reportviewer control in a component to generate reports - the user doesnt actually interact with the control.

Unfortunately when I iterate over the list of rendering extensions the html viewer is not in the list. 

What I am trying to do is build some unit testing for my reporting component. Since the report is full of expressions (ie calculated columns) I want to be able to persist the report as HTML, save the file as a benchmark and release over release I can compare the benchmark output to the latest release. 

Prior to Report Viewer 2010, you could enable/add rendering extensions to the list and save the report in this case as HTML.  Now in 2010 I can not do this and from what I can tell MS puposesly hid the functionality.

Thanks for the help!

Kelley

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:44 PM