none
Accessing Intranet database from Azure server RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Hi people

I have an Oracle Database at the Intranet and i need to import the data from the intranet service to Azure 

I have tried creating a VM and connecting with it using VPN-VPN connection but it didnt work 

Can anyone help me on this 

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 8:12 AM

All replies

• How are you connecting? mean connecting from office network or home?

If from home and on internet, then check you have allowed ports on NSG to connect VM on internet.

Please check with your local IT team whether they have allowed port to connect to VM from office network.

If yes then check NSG rule for VM accessing on port 3389 for  windows or Linux then ssh 22.

Santosh Singh

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 12:40 PM
  • Hi Mohammad,

What are you doing with the data in Azure?  VPN will work as long as the correct rules are in place to allow access (the VPN config you download from Azure does not include an ACL for access so this needs adding).

Depending on what you're doing with the data in Azure, you may want to consider an on-premises data gateway (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53127)

If you let me know what you're doing with the data though (which Azure offerings you are using) then I can probably advise further.

Thanks,

Matt

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 12:45 PM
  • Its from office.

i have to migrate the oracle data of my company to the Azure data warehouse through ssma

But the problem is , when i tried to connect to oracle ,it aint accepting the connection :(

Mohammad Younus

Monday, May 6, 2019 9:56 AM