Adjust screen brightness on Dual-Boot UI

Question

• Hi.

How I can adjust screen brightness on Dual-Boot UI?

Thanks.

Developer .NET
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:33 PM

Answers

• Hey Megasoft2,

Thank you for your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files. Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

Steven
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:46 AM

All replies

• Are you only having brightness issues in the Windows Developer Preview and not in the other operating system?
    Marilyn
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:04 PM
  • Hi.

Just with Windows Developer Preview Dual-Boot UI

I cannot see an option for adjust screen brightness on Dual-Boot UI, of rest is fine!

Note: my laptop is Pavilion dv6-2190us

Developer .NET
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:01 PM
  • Hey Megasoft2,

Are you seeing the screen options but it is very dim or is it so dark that you don't see anything when you're on the dual boot screen?

You may have a keyboard shortcut on your laptop to increase or decrease the brightness of the screen. Usually holding the Fn key and pressing the Up arrow key will cause the brightness of the screen to increase, but this may vary depending on your laptop.

If that doesn't help, try installing the latest video card driver and any BIOS updates that are available from HP using the link below.
    HP Support & Drivers

If a driver isn't able to install successfully, try using the compatibility troubleshooter to see if it can help the driver to install properly. The compatibility troubleshooter can be opened by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver. You will likely want to choose the choice for This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now when it is given if the latest driver is only applicable to a different version of Windows.

Instructions for how to update your motherboard's BIOS should be available in your user manual or on your computer/motherboard provider's website.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS/UEFI settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Monday, November 28, 2011 7:59 PM
  • Hi Steven.

Thanks for your reply.

My comments:

1. I have updated my laptop with the latest software (Bios, Driver, OS)

2. keyboard shortcut on my laptop to increase or decrease the brightness of the screen does not work in user interface dual-boot of Windows 8!

That's all, by moment!

Best regards.

Developer .NET

• Edited by Megasoft2 Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:33 PM
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:32 PM
  • Hey Megasoft2,

Thank you for your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files. Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

Steven
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:46 AM
  • Hi Steven.

Already, I sent the feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool!

Thanks.

Developer .NET
    Monday, December 5, 2011 11:16 AM
  • Hi Megasoft2,

I have the same issue as u already have, Till now i didn't find any way to resolve this issue.Pls click this link: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/d679bbf0-d050-4fdc-863c-a32c1306e1fd.But i love windows8 developer preview.......:)...

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 5:09 PM