how to modify SharePoint email using InfoPath RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day to all!

i am thinking that if it's possible that user can receive email in the format of infopath? because for now in my approval workflow i only use

the standard email in sharepoint 2007 not like infopath style. i saw this format if we activate the publishing site in site features.

how can make my email using infopath? if possible where can i modify it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Jef

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 7:39 AM

Answers

• That's just a basic alert email being generated by an assigned task.  That's not specific to content approval - it happens with any task list that has been set to notify assignees.  There is no built-in way to modify those emails, and it's not something you do with InfoPath, but it can be done if you are willing to modify the actual server files on the file system.  I don't recommend this, since it affects the entire farm.

If you create your own workflows with notification emails, then you can modify the formatting of the emails within SPD2010. 

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force

• Marked as answer by jefnavarro Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:14 AM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:58 AM

All replies

• I don't understand what you're asking.  InfoPath doesn't have a "style" for emails.  What were you referring to with the publishing site feature?  InfoPath has an "email submit" data connection, which simply sends the form itself via email, but that's not related to SharePoint emails.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:26 AM
  • Good day sir!

activating the publishing site feature will automatic send email for approvals if content approval is enabled. like in the photo below.

can we edit this? 

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc376/jefoyboga/Untitled.png

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:32 AM
  • That's just a basic alert email being generated by an assigned task.  That's not specific to content approval - it happens with any task list that has been set to notify assignees.  There is no built-in way to modify those emails, and it's not something you do with InfoPath, but it can be done if you are willing to modify the actual server files on the file system.  I don't recommend this, since it affects the entire farm.

If you create your own workflows with notification emails, then you can modify the formatting of the emails within SPD2010. 

• Marked as answer by jefnavarro Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:14 AM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:58 AM
  • Thank you for the information! i thought it can be edit. thanks again!
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 10:14 AM