Notification failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a job that runs several jobs it notifies me when the jobs have finished running but for the passed few weeks it has stated to fail with the following message
    Executed as user: domainname\username. xp_sendmail: Could not resolve recipient [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 18031).  The step failed.
    I have doing some research but I have not no luck. I was wondering if anyone has an answer to this please.

Thank you

Monday, October 11, 2010 10:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Which version of SQL Server are you using?

According to your error message, the SQL Agent is using a domain account, could you please login using that domain account and try to send mail?

The error message is due to the xp_sendmail system extended stored procedure may not be able to resolve a personal distribution list. To work around your problem, we can use either of the following methods. Please see:

·          Use SQLAgentMail to distribute mail to personal distribution lists.

·          Itemize the individual recipients of the personal distribution list in the @recipients parameter of the xp_sendmail system extended stored procedure.

For more information, please see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315666

Thanks,

Ai-Hua Qiu

Constant dropping wears away a stone.
    • Marked as answer by Ai-hua Qiu Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:08 AM
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 2:58 AM