none
Need details of the way RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    Can you please show a tutorial/sample to me for doing this?
    I need one Biztalk solution which will perform these below. It can have 2 projects inside doing the following and will call DB stored procedures Upd_status, Upd_status2 respectively.
    1. in Upd_status, do an insert by also capturing the current path and filename of the input Flat file, into StatusTab table in Upd_status and mark the status column of the current column as 'Received'
    2. call Upd_status2, which will then retrieve all records with 'Received' status and then inside Biztalk project, the process will load the relevant input Flat file by the file name column just retrieved, into TransTab

If you're available to help, I can send you all the DB objects like SPs/tables as I am ready with them.

Many Thanks & Best Regards, Hua Min

Monday, November 12, 2012 7:37 AM

All replies

• Refer Article for execute Stored Procedure .

First Execute SPA using WCF-SQL

Receive the response i.e RecordId

Create Message for Request of SPB .

execute SPB using WCF-SQL .

Monday, November 12, 2012 11:30 AM
  • How about the details in Orchestration? I also need the details of the Schema to tackle with both InsertTrans & Upd_status.

I have no ideas to pass para_ID from InsertTrans to Upd_status within the map.

Here is the map

while FlatFile is on the left. How can I pass para_ID from InsertTrans to Upd_status, on the right?

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:47 PM
  • Hi HuaMin,

I'd suggest you following the tutorial below to achieve the goal:

Inserting parent child records with Identity column using WCF-SQL Adapter in one transaction

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/biztalkcpr/archive/2009/10/05/inserting-parent-child-records-with-identity-column-using-wcf-sql-adapter-in-one-transaction.aspx

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:24 AM
  • Thanks. Do we need functoid in the map when matching the items from TableType to TypeProcedure? Can we have more details in this tutorial/sample?

My question is, in Orchestration, if we receive para_ID from the port on the right, how to receive it and further pass that para_ID into one other SP?

• Edited by Jackson_1990 Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:34 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:12 AM
  • Hi,

You don't need to create the map between TableType and TypeProcedure. The source schema is the schema of the orders you received.

Leo Tang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:06 AM
  • Any advice to this?

Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:05 AM
  • Hi,

The prot binding in your project is incorrect, please insure the port direction of communication is "I'll be sending a request and receiving a response"

It depends on, if you don't want to get the response, you can use port only send request. You are right, one send and one other receive are required  due to such request/response port.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Jackson_1990 Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:32 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Jackson_1990 Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:08 AM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:20 AM
  • Thanks. But I did choose the option you mentioned for the right port. Why do I still get no operation to choose now for 'Send_1'?

• Edited by Jackson_1990 Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:43 AM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

I checked the LoadFF solution, there is no Send_1 in orchestration.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:17 AM
  • Sorry, the previous one was not refreshed well. Now it should be fine and I can deploy it.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40211031/app10.zip

But when I'm doing the 1st step of configuration, once I have chosen that file 'WcfSendPort_SqlAdapterBinding_Custom.bindinginfo.xml', I then get this. Why?
    ===================================

Failed to update binding information. (mscorlib)

===================================

SendPort 'WcfSendPort_SqlAdapterBinding_TypedProcedures_dbo_Custom' already exists. Specify a unique SendPort name. (Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM)

------------------------------
    For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=47400&ProdName=Microsoft+BizTalk+Server+2009&ProdVer=3.8.368.0&EvtSrc=Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM.Resources&EvtID=IDS_ERR_UNIQUE_VIOLATION

Program Location:

at Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM.Helper.ThrowUniqueError(String[] args, Int32 code)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM.SendPort.set_Name(String value)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Deployment.Binding.SendPort.Update(BindingInfo bindingInfo)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Deployment.Binding.SendPortCollection.Update(BindingInfo bindingInfo)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Deployment.Binding.BindingInfo.UpdateEndpoints()
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Deployment.Binding.BindingInfo.Update(SqlConnection sqlConnection, BindingParameters bindingParameters, String applicationName)

Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

This is because that the same port name was generated in bingding information.

You can open the WcfSendPort_SqlAdapterBinding_Custom.bindinginfo.xml file in your project, find the <SendPort> section, change the name.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Friday, November 16, 2012 9:27 AM
  • I directly appended '2' to the name of that in the relevant Xml file.
    <SendPort Name="WcfSendPort_SqlAdapterBinding_TypedProcedures_dbo_Custom2" IsStatic="true" IsTwoWay="true" BindingOption="0">
    After this, I tried to do the same against the deployed project, but I got this again.
    TITLE: Import Bindings

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

SendPort 'WcfSendPort_SqlAdapterBinding_TypedProcedures_dbo_Custom' already exists. Specify a unique SendPort name. (Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=47400&ProdName=Microsoft+BizTalk+Server+2009&ProdVer=3.8.368.0&EvtSrc=Microsoft.BizTalk.ExplorerOM.Resources&EvtID=IDS_ERR_UNIQUE_VIOLATION

BUTTONS:

OK

Monday, November 19, 2012 9:23 AM
  • Hi,

Please make sure you saved the file to disk before import the binding again. Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:01 AM
  • Yes, I did save the file and then have redeployed the project. If you need, I can send you the current project.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:17 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the "<All Artifacts>" view in BizTalk Server Administration Console, click the Send Ports, check the send ports' name in right panel, make sure the send port name haven't been used.

You don't need to re-deploy the project, only the binding file relate to this issue.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:38 AM
  • Here is the Xml file I've selected in Import/Binding
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40211031/WcfSendPort_SqlAdapterBinding_Custom.bindinginfo.xml

But I still get this

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

BUTTONS:

OK

Here is the project
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40211031/app11.zip

Can I have the detailed steps to achieve what I originally mentioned in this thread? Where can I request sample/tutorial from Microsoft, as it goes nowhere when I click 'Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft' in above?

• Edited by Jackson_1990 Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:39 AM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:00 AM
  • Hi,

There are two binding files in your project.

app11\LoadFF4\LoadFF solution\LoadFF Sol Proj1\WcfSendPort_SqlAdapterBinding_Custom.bindinginfo.xml

and

app11\LoadFF4\LoadFF4\LoadFF4\WcfSendPort_SqlAdapterBinding_Custom.bindinginfo.xml

As the error information indicates that the send port name hadn't been changed, please make sure you imported the first one.

The code sample request function was announced by  Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework team.

http://1code.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Request%20Code%20Sample%20from%20Microsoft%20All-In-One%20Code%20Framework

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:06 AM
  • Sorry I still get this once I've selected the 1st one as you mentioned

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -2)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=-2&LinkId=20476

BUTTONS:

OK

Is this the proper way to raise the project I need below?

https://flatfiletosqltab.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Details%20of%20the%20project&IsNewlyCreatedPage=true

• Edited by Jackson_1990 Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:39 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

I'd suggest you restart BizTalk host instance, sweeping the send ports, then try import the binding again.

If your problem persist, please post a screen of you send ports in all artifacts view here

For the CodePlex issue, you can post a question here:

http://codeplex.codeplex.com/discussions

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:51 AM
  • Yes, I did restart Biztalk Admin console and did get the problem when dealing with 'Import\Bindings'

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

Please restart the host instance instead of Administration console:

If your problem persist, please stop the application, remove the send port previous added, then try import the binding. Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:04 AM
  • AFter having restarted Host Instances, I tried to do the same in Import/Bindings but I've got the same problem. I then see nothing inside 'Send Ports' and the deployed project has not been started yet.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

Do you encounter the same problem, if you create a new application in BizTalk Server Administration Console, then import the binding to this application.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:26 AM
  • Thanks. Can I have the detailed steps to have the one I mentioned originally in this thread? BTW, I also have raised the request in Codeplex, can you please help?

How long do I need to wait for the resolution? Is there any way for anyone to quickly help on that?

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:42 AM
  • Hi HuaMin,

Currently, we don't have a detailed tutorial which fully applies to your scenario. You can try request a sample via the link in this article, engineers and community members may also write a blog or wiki to demonstrate the detailed steps to create such a solution personally, but these are not guaranteed. You can start design and implement the solution by yourself, post the detailed problem you encountered here, engineers and community members are willing to help you resolve the exactly problems.

If this is a urgent task, it is recommend you contact Microsoft support directly.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

I noticed you opened a new thread regards to this topic, we will follow up there.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkr2adapters/thread/3499693e-4eb4-48b5-ad90-2986c7eac519

Thanks.

Leo Tang [MSFT]

Friday, November 23, 2012 10:12 AM
  • Can you please show me the steps in details to:
    1) retrieve the records from the table and then point to the file using the file name column we have retrieved
    2) fetch the data of such input file into one other table of the same DB

as these are parts of the original solution I'm asking for.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:25 AM
  • Any help please?

Friday, November 30, 2012 4:18 AM