none
How to navigate using Firfox or Chrome in VBA RRS feed

• Question

• I have a data extraction code and at present i am using Internet explorer for url  navigation(my bulk url's exist in access database).Now i want to run parallel process as in IE it is not possible to run parallel process so i want to use Firefox or Chrome for navigation.Please help to resolve this issue.
    Monday, January 18, 2016 7:15 AM

Answers

• You can't control Firefox or Chrome with VBA directly.  You can purchase a tool called iMacros ($$$$) and use that to call IE, Chrome and Firefox from VBA.  Chrome has an extension call Web Scraper you can use to navigate Chrome.  I think Firefox has a similar one.  There are some Python tools you can use.
    • Marked as answer by tahirsatti123 Tuesday, January 26, 2016 10:12 AM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 5:43 PM

All replies

• You can't control Firefox or Chrome with VBA directly.  You can purchase a tool called iMacros ($$$$) and use that to call IE, Chrome and Firefox from VBA.  Chrome has an extension call Web Scraper you can use to navigate Chrome.  I think Firefox has a similar one.  There are some Python tools you can use.
    • Marked as answer by tahirsatti123 Tuesday, January 26, 2016 10:12 AM
    Monday, January 18, 2016 5:43 PM
  • Is this possible to strart multiple IE multiple sessions?
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 5:33 AM
  • You should be able to start multiple instances of Excel and have each instance start it's own IE.  I haven't done this so I don't know for sure.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:20 PM