Microsoft Silverlight for Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

•      I recently bought a new laptop which has the Windows 10.  I seem to have problems opening silverlight.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  The search bar keeps putting me to Microsoft Silverlight Configuration which does not run Silverlight.
         Can you please send me step by step in opening this program.  I search forums and nothing helps.  Thank you.
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 12:59 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Let’s download it and check the system requirement first:

If you are opening some Silverlight application with Edge or Chrome, it may be ask you to install Silverlight even you have installed. Because Edge and Chrome is not supported by Silverlight. Please using IE to run some Silverlight application.

After installation, we could check it if exists on our system via Start -> Microsoft Silverlight, and we could open successfully:

For IE, please check these below:

Tools -> Manage add-ons:

Please make sure Silverlight is enabled (if the show Disable which means it has been enabled).

If Silverlight has been enabled, please click the "Tools" menu and choose "Internet options".

1.Select the "Security" tab, please check the "Enable Protected Mode" checkbox.

2.Click the "Custom level" button and set the following settings.

Allow ActiveX Filtering:Disable

Download unsigned Activex Controls :  Disable

Initialise and script Activex controls not marked as safe... : Disable

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Enable

Script Activex controls marked safe for scripting: Enable

Hope above helps.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fletch Zhou Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:40 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Weiwei Cai Friday, July 28, 2017 1:49 AM
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:40 AM