none
Report service remote mode RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am still new with this report service topic so any guidance will be much appreciated.

I am using remote/server mode with the report viewer control. But the issue arised when I need to customize my datatable before being bind to the report viewer control. Is there a way to do it using remote mode instead of local mode.

for example, I called a stored procedure to get a datatable and the datatable needs further customize(to get only rows I needed), so I have a method in a business layer class which does the customization. So how does the .rdl file called the method in the business layer class and populated the table in the rdl file?

I have no problem doing this using local mode but can't find any article using remote mode.

Thanks in advance! 

Monday, June 30, 2008 3:27 AM

All replies

• rkoe said:

Hi,

I am still new with this report service topic so any guidance will be much appreciated.

I am using remote/server mode with the report viewer control. But the issue arised when I need to customize my datatable before being bind to the report viewer control. Is there a way to do it using remote mode instead of local mode.

for example, I called a stored procedure to get a datatable and the datatable needs further customize(to get only rows I needed), so I have a method in a business layer class which does the customization. So how does the .rdl file called the method in the business layer class and populated the table in the rdl file?

I have no problem doing this using local mode but can't find any article using remote mode.

Thanks in advance! 

To my knowledge, you can't take data from the database, modify it in an application, and then view it in remote mode, without sticking it back int the database first.  However, it sounds like your trying to filter rows out.  Which if your using remote mode, depending on how complicated your filtering is,  you could put table filters in the report itself, to mimic what your application does.   There is also a code section in the reports that can handle basic methods.

Living my life at 123mph in 11.15 seconds
    Monday, June 30, 2008 2:06 PM