Getting error message ACCESS_DENIED occasionally when opening device handle through Metro app

Question

• Hi,

I was able to establish connection successfully b/w metro app and device driver on Windows8.1 OS by following below steps:

1. Install device driver (by enabling privelaged restricted interface in driver code) successfully
    2. Generate and deploy Metadata
    3. Copy experience id from Metadata to the StoreManifest of the Metro app
    4. Run metro app to get handle and send IOCTLs

After following above steps, I was able to get the driver handle and able to send IOCTLs to driver from the metro app.

But this is not working consistently. Sometimes it works and most of the time it fails. When it fails - I re-created and re-deployed metadata it worked! but not always :( :(

It seems like Metadata not getting installed/initialized properly. Strictly followed instructions provide at MSDN link msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn265143(v=vs.85).aspx but it didn't help :( :(

Please help.

Thanks.

• Edited by YashDC Tuesday, October 07, 2014 5:01 PM
    Tuesday, October 07, 2014 4:54 PM

All replies

• Hi there, 

Please make sure the device metadata exists , you may heck detail steps of creating and configure metadata on http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/tailoringappsfordevices/thread/05defdcd-1658-41cb-8d77-235ecfd194db

Regards,

Jenny 

Friday, October 24, 2014 7:35 AM