none
Database Maintenance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have this scenario, we had circular logging enable, now, I disable it because we started our backup system again.

I have 29 DBs split in 5 drives, 1 drive for public folder and 1 for logs, each drive is 600 GB.

Now, they were thinking about move the drives to our SAM which has Fiber Channel, I'm not sure if the I/O will affect the performance.

we have almost 3000 users, I got this server from a previus administrator and it is really a mess, so, anyone can give me the best practice for this, how this should be, using the best practice.

Manuel Arce Exchange 2010 Admin

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:07 PM

All replies

• Hi, I have this scenario, we had circular logging enable, now, I disable it because we started our backup system again.

I have 29 DBs split in 5 drives, 1 drive for public folder and 1 for logs, each drive is 600 GB.

Now, they were thinking about move the drives to our SAM which has Fiber Channel, I'm not sure if the I/O will affect the performance.

we have almost 3000 users, I got this server from a previus administrator and it is really a mess, so, anyone can give me the best practice for this, how this should be, using the best practice.

almost forgot, our logs drive is getting full becuase the backup fails "a lot" so they want to avoid this by increasing the drives.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:08 PM

almost forgot, our logs drive is getting full becuase the backup fails "a lot" so they want to avoid this by increasing the drives.

if we move the dbs to the SAN, I would be able to double the size of the drives.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:10 PM