locked
Central Administration not recognizing people picker + FBA sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All

    I am facing a strange situation, trying to inplement the FBA + sharepoint 2010 and after following these greate links

    http://donalconlon.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/configuring-forms-base-authentication-for-sharepoint-2010-using-iis7/

    http://www.andrewconnell.com/blog/articles/HowToConfigPublishingSiteWithDualAuthProvidersAndAnonAccess.aspx

    every thing seems to work nicely as I got all the users and roles in IIS when the following settings were done on Windows server 2008 R2+ multi-server farm environment settings( CA on server, DB on server and 2 WFEs on other server)

    1- An already exist membership DB(connection tested using an asp.net site with  ASP.NET Web administration tool, users and roles were retrieved smoothly from the WFE)

    2-Configuring the central admin website to use SQL membership.

    3- Configure Secure Store Web Service to use SQL Membership Provider

    4-Configure Membership Providers for Web App through IIS, ( testing the connection in IIS for the web application by setting the  the defualt providers and connection string to connect to the DB , excellent).

    5-Problem appears when I tried to add another site collectoon admin ( Central Admin ->Application Management-> Change site collection administrators) people picker not retrieving any user form the DB and so I can not sign in using FBA?HOW come that an access to the DB was successful in all the previous test and users can be added, edited and deleted in IIS or ASP.NET Web administration tool on the first testing website but when it coms to the centeral admin UI such thing happens ,

    Any advice are welcomed

    Thanks in advance


    azoozazooz

    Getting more close idea, the exisiting restored membership DB has an application id and name ( / ) associated with it, creating another asp website and set the connection string to the same DB , but with other application name (app) in the web config for role and membershipProviders, creating users via the  ASP.NET Web administration tool , and reset the configs in IIS for the application name with role and membership providers giving the application name (app), CA picks the usesr, But no matter what it not picking the users from  the DB when I change the application name for the needed configration to (/).? any clue I know that the application anme comes with the DB as its alrteady restored form Backup file



    • Edited by azoozazooz Tuesday, July 5, 2011 11:40 AM update
    Monday, July 4, 2011 7:50 PM

Answers

  • Problem solved ,

    The SP people picker was not recognizing any user/role from the restored DB ( unlike the  IIS or ASP.NET Web administration tool ) so I had to add new user with the ASP.NET Web administration tool  and check the application ID associated with it in the DB , then I updated the old application ID in the DB to the new one and everthing worked perfectly.

    Thnaks

     

     


    azoozazooz
    • Marked as answer by azoozazooz Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:48 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:42 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    From the links you refered to, there is no point that you can use the users from FBA authentication in central administration v4 web application which didn't use claim-based authentication.

    If you want to use the users from FBA authentication, you need to extend the central administration v4 web application and use claim-based authentication (configure it as the web application in the first link you refered to).

    Regards,

    Seven

    • Proposed as answer by André Krijnen Friday, July 8, 2011 9:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Seven M Friday, July 15, 2011 3:05 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by azoozazooz Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:42 AM
    Friday, July 8, 2011 5:59 AM
  • Problem solved ,

    The SP people picker was not recognizing any user/role from the restored DB ( unlike the  IIS or ASP.NET Web administration tool ) so I had to add new user with the ASP.NET Web administration tool  and check the application ID associated with it in the DB , then I updated the old application ID in the DB to the new one and everthing worked perfectly.

    Thnaks

     

     


    azoozazooz
    • Marked as answer by azoozazooz Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:48 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:42 AM