none
Change vhdx container size for existing users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have my current fslogix setup in place where I have few users reached maximum limit of 30 GB dynamic VHD. Is there a way to increase quota(VHDX) for these users? Changing the GPO will effect only the new users and will apply to all. I need this to be applied to only few users. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

CK

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:17 AM

All replies

• It won't let me post links here, but there is a thread in this forum called "How to resize the current VHD(x) in FSLogix" that has instructions on the supported way to do so.
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:57 PM
  • Hi,

I have my current fslogix setup in place where I have few users reached maximum limit of 30 GB dynamic VHD. Is there a way to increase quota(VHDX) for these users? Changing the GPO will effect only the new users and will apply to all. I need this to be applied to only few users. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

CK

Here is an article with some guidance on how to expand an existing VHD.  https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f0ecc72e-78e8-48a9-99e6-e159f87f2cef/how-to-resize-the-current-vhdx-in-fslogix 
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:01 PM
  • That link mentios about VHDX expansion only. Lets say I have set max container size to 20 gb though my vhdx is setup to dynamic 30 gb and I would like to increase the size for a user to 40 gb. Just expanding the VHDX to 30 or 40GB will automatically provide the user with more storage space or do we need to do any registry changes for the user?
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 12:48 AM