none
Workflow manager help (two questions) RRS feed

• General discussion

• My question is in two parts. To start off, I have workflow manager running on a SharePoint 2013 farm. the long term plan is to move the workflow farm to a dedicated server. At the time, when I built the workflow manager farm on the SharePoint servers (using HTTP), I configured it so that the front end and back end services are running on all of the farm servers.  Workflows do work, but not without issues. Even while workflows are processing, the front end or back end service on one or two servers (out of an eight server farm) at a time but never all at once.  The services restart; however will also stop on other servers after a few minutes. 

My question is two-fold:  In the short term, will removing servers from the workflow farm resolve the issue or does workflow manager need to run on all the farm servers?  Second, when I eventually move the workflow farm to its own server will that break existing workflows?  My plan is to build the new workflow farm, disconnect the existing farm, and reconnect sharepoint to the new one, or to add the additional server to my workflow farm, then remove the sharepoint servers. 

Saturday, January 17, 2015 6:13 PM

All replies

• Please watch this training video and make sure that you watch till end because these kind of questions were asked by the audience and were answered.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/SharePoint-Conference/2014/SPC356

Regarding services, please check by running this WMF PS command get-wffarmstatus. If app-pool is stopped by hitting this command, then try to restart the app pool again from IIS and again hit this command. If again app pool stops then there is a problem with the permissions of RunAs account of WMF.

-Prashant

Monday, January 19, 2015 9:00 AM