none
ESB configuration - SMO error.. RRS feed

• Question

• I successfully installed BizTalk Server and Configured BTSXXX machine with BTSQLXXX machine.

Also installed BizTalk ESB tool kit 2.1 in BTSXXX machine. While configuring, I am getting the error "You need to have microsoft SQL server management Objects (SMO) installed in order to run the tool."

But I installed SMO in BTSXXX machine (even in BTSQLXXX machines too).

Can any one help on to resolve this issue.?

Regards,

Bharath

Saturday, February 9, 2013 9:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Your version of SQL server management Objects is probably higher than the ESB Toolkit expects. Check the ESBConfigurationTool.log. There you see the error. For example:

The assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' was found in GAC.

Go to "C:\Windows\assembly" to check the version in the GAC

Greetings,

Tomasso Groenendijk

Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:25 AM

All replies

• I successfully installed BizTalk Server and Configured BTSXXX machine with BTSQLXXX machine.

Also installed BizTalk ESB tool kit 2.1 in BTSXXX machine. While configuring, I am getting the error "You need to have microsoft SQL server management Objects (SMO) installed in order to run the tool."

But I installed SMO in BTSXXX machine (even in BTSQLXXX machines too).

Can any one help on to resolve this issue.?

Regards,

Bharath

Saturday, February 9, 2013 8:59 PM
  • Hi,

Your version of SQL server management Objects is probably higher than the ESB Toolkit expects. Check the ESBConfigurationTool.log. There you see the error. For example:

The assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' was found in GAC.

Go to "C:\Windows\assembly" to check the version in the GAC

Greetings,

Tomasso Groenendijk

Sunday, February 10, 2013 9:25 AM
  • Dear Tomasso,

Thanks a lot for your help. After installing Smo, version 10.0.0.0 , it got resolved.

Thanks,

Bharath K

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:25 AM