GridView Item Bloat

Question

• I'd like to have a compact height to my GridView items but the GridView container adds extra bloat making GridView items far higher and spaced. Am I doing something wrong?
    Saturday, February 08, 2014 10:19 PM

All replies

• If you're getting the wrong results then you're probably doing something wrong.

You'll have to provide more information about what you're doing for more specific suggestions. What does your template look like and how exactly do the results you get differ from the results you want?

--Rob

Saturday, February 08, 2014 10:21 PM
    Owner
  • I believe that GridView will expand to use all the space that it can take and then space your items out inside it. I think that you can specify a height for it or place it inside another container.

My guess is that you are expecting it to only need the space it needs to display the items it contains.

Saturday, February 08, 2014 10:27 PM
  • As you can see in the image the items are compact as I want them, but a gray area has been added (on the top GridView item) If selected the GridView Item displays a tick. Its built into the GridView style. I'm using the default styles for a Basic Windows Store App page.

Saturday, February 08, 2014 11:01 PM