Issue with Approve / Reject / Versioning and my workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There,

I have content approval and versioning enabled on my list, and a workflow called "copy comment" that basically copies the "approver comment" to a text box in the list.

This workflow works fine for "approved" items, but for some reason, not for rejected items. Here is what I found (can reproduce with no workflows involved):

1 - Create a list with content approval and versioning enabled

2 - Add an item to the list. It will be version 1

3 - Approve the item, that creates version 2

4 - modify the item, that creates version 3 (pending)

5 - reject the item, that creates version 4

6 - modify the item, version 4 vanishes!

So, for some reason, the "approved" version remains on the history, but the "rejected" version vanishes as soon as the item is modified again. That means that my field in the item that stores the comments from approved / rejected is able to keep all the approval comments, but the rejected comment vanish if the item is modified. Strange enough, If I approve an item after being rejected, then the rejected comment will stay (although looking at the version, it is still not there).

I'm using WSS 3.0 SP2, can someone with the latest SP3 + fixes test it and see if the behavior is still the same? I will try to test with the latest version soon, but I currently don't have a test environment. Thanks for your help!

Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:47 PM

All replies

• Ok, I was able to get the latest WSS (June Hotfix) installed on a test box. Before that, I tested a Vanilla install, and there were more bugs (doesn't work with approved or pending status, now only rejected doesn't work). Still have the issue with latest hotfix. :(

I tried a workaround, change the item from Rejected to Pending first, then try to save the comment, but still no luck, it will vanish as soon as the status change from rejected.

• Edited by Belzt Tuesday, July 3, 2012 10:38 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 10:31 PM
  • I've noticed this too.  From memory we are running the Feb 12 hotfix.  Can anyone confirm whether this is by design or a bug?  Which hotfix resolves the issue.

I'm trying to rationalise that this may be by design, but would love some confirmation.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:03 AM