Storage Space almost full RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Geo-Storage account of 35GB is almost full. How can i view what is taking up the space it is increasing daily. i check on the individual machine and i could not locate anything.

Radmox

Sunday, July 29, 2012 5:35 PM

All replies

• What does that mean that it's  "almost full?" A storage account can hold 100TB, if I recall correctly.

To view the content of your storage account, you'd want to use a storage explorer tool like ClumsyLeaf CloudXplorer (my personal favorite).

• Marked as answer by Arwind - MSFT Monday, August 6, 2012 7:27 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Radmox Friday, August 10, 2012 10:31 PM
    Sunday, July 29, 2012 9:10 PM
  • it is based on the 'free' account that i have. I tried removing unused VM. instead of the disk space get lower or stay at where it is, the amount get larger every day. Why is it that way?

Friday, August 10, 2012 10:31 PM
  • Hi,

I hope by saying "removing unused VM" you mean to say, you remove VM role as well as the page Blob in which the VM is stored.

I hope it helps!! If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as answer" or "Vote as Helpful". Thanks! VIJAY.

Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:07 PM
  • Hi - can you describe what this storage account is being used for?  Things that will continually add data might be diagnostic data, analytics data if you've turned that on and have a long retention period, or just your application.  As Vijay said, make sure you've removed the VM page blob as well as the VM role (Thanks, Vijay!).  And thanks, Steve - yes, a Storage explorer like you've referenced will help here as well.

Let us know if you need any more help with this!

-Jeff

Friday, August 17, 2012 5:36 PM