How to create interative bell curve in ASP.NET application? RRS feed

• Question

• User-734880602 posted

I have a requirement when I need to draw a bell curve. And it should be interative like a ways to get input from mouse drag. Bell curver would be having veritical lines representing some kind of cutt off values. And user can drag these lines to change the cut off values.

I have to searching on internet to look for possible approaches/technologies. But suprisingly it seems its not that usual requirement. I am not able to any useful information on this. Flash seems to ne one approach, but I have to figure out the way to interact with flash from .NET. I checked out ASP.NET chart control samples but it does not seem to have what I am looking for.

If anyone out their can suggest to me any approach/technology to implement then please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, December 17, 2010 8:36 AM

Answers

• User-734880602 posted

For now, Telerik's Range Slider control with bell curve image on top of it is serving the purpose.

FMI...

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/slider/examples/rangeslider/defaultcs.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:33 AM

All replies

• User-215742532 posted

you should try learning & exploring WPF & Silverlight

Friday, December 17, 2010 5:25 PM
  • User-734880602 posted

Hi Sarfaraz,

Thanks for your reply. I know WPF prety much. It offers a lot for desktop applications. However I didn't think that it would offer me something more than the ASP.NET for my requirement. I'll explore XBAP more, but I doubt if it offers more than ASP.NET.

Monday, January 17, 2011 5:55 AM
  • User-734880602 posted

For now, Telerik's Range Slider control with bell curve image on top of it is serving the purpose.

FMI...

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/slider/examples/rangeslider/defaultcs.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:33 AM