none
HCK MF-related test failures RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am writing my own USB webcam AVStream minidriver. There is no problem to pass WLK 1.6 test on Win7.

During HCK test on Win8, I see a list of MF-related failures,  like MF Basic Capture Test (Base).

In the Error section of the test log, it shows "Unknown Error. Failed in 'SequentialInstanceTestEntryPoint'.

Please advise what does it mean and what should I do to pass the these HCK tests. Thanks.

• Moved by Doron Holan [MSFT] Wednesday, October 3, 2012 3:37 AM (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Friday, September 28, 2012 7:25 AM

All replies

• Talking with the test owner, he suspects that there could be something with the HWID changing during the course of the testing (maybe through the other tests). Can you verify this?

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 9:16 PM
  • Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

1. Please help to advise what HWID is exactly. My device under testing is a USB webcam. Why it maybe changed during the test and how to check?

2. Attached here is part of the test log for your review.

Additional info I find during the test.

1. There are more tests for my custom driver than the in-box driver.

2. The test results are not consistent. 

3. The test results are different on 32 and 64 bit systems.

Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:30 AM
  • Not sure if will help but does http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithcsharp/thread/90c734aa-3071-469f-a3bd-0e17054d0235/ give you any insight?

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:33 PM