none
Call to DllRegisterServer failed RRS feed

• Question

• When manually register mydll (RGRoutlookaddin.dll) on a Win7 Pro machine with Office 2013 I get the following error:Module was loaded but the request to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005.
    It is a MSOutlook2003 Add-In.The registration is done under administrator rights and UAC is off.Other DLLs allow themselves either manually or through an MSIinstaller neat install and register, only the RGRoutlookaddin.dll did not.The dll works flawlessly under Win7 Prof. with Office2010. I have tested this on another machine with the same configuation but with the same result.
    I am almost at the end of my options.

Anybody who knows the answer????

Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:55 AM

Answers

• Hello everybody,

I have solved the problem. In my Visual Basic 6.0 project there was a reference to the previous version of MS Office 2010. Ik installed everything, Off 2013, VB 6.0 in a virtual machine. In my VB 6.0 project (the dll) the reference to the MS Office 2013 dll' s were automatically updated en after recompiling the dll it works fine.

Thanks all for the help and hope this post will help others.

Rob

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Robber,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 17, 2013 8:01 AM
  • Hi Quist Zhang,

Thanks for your answer. I'ts a real pain becouse I am searching and trying now for almost two days to solve this problem. I don't believe there is a technical defference between Office 2010 and 2013 which prevents the registration of my dll en Windows 7 is still the same. So, I am out of options.

I hope you can figure out whats going on.

Rob

Friday, May 17, 2013 8:09 AM
  • Hello ,

There are compatibility issues if we have any add-in which is meant for outlook 2003 and is being installed for Outlook 2013..

There is lot of changes with regards to GUI, rendering engine and the way outlook works

At this point of time I would suggest you to open phone support case with Microsoft as we need to do extensive troubleshooting and collect various logs which is not possible via this FORUM.

You can always contact Microsoft Customer Central on 1-800-936-4900 to create phone support case. Alternative you can also visit http://support.microsoft.com/oas to create phone support case with Microsoft

Hope this helps

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:48 AM
  • Hello everybody,

I have solved the problem. In my Visual Basic 6.0 project there was a reference to the previous version of MS Office 2010. Ik installed everything, Off 2013, VB 6.0 in a virtual machine. In my VB 6.0 project (the dll) the reference to the MS Office 2013 dll' s were automatically updated en after recompiling the dll it works fine.

Thanks all for the help and hope this post will help others.

Rob

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:36 PM