none
Windows-10 32-bit ISO's having missing or corrupt files RRS feed

• Question

• We have attempted to install Windows-10 on a several PC's from DVD's burned from the downloaded x86 ISO's.  Both the initial RTM and the 1511 fail when copying files around 64% stating that a file is either missing or corrupt.  Windows-7 installs on these PC's with no issues.  The install fails when run as an upgrade or as a new install.

From Windows-7 the upgrade to Windows-10 works.

We have successfully installed the 64bit versions of Windows-10 from the ISO, both as a new install and as an upgrade.

We have no further information.  We rcognize that htis might not be the correct forum, but there is little information on where to post problems with the MSDN O/S ISO's.

Monday, January 18, 2016 3:56 PM

All replies

• We have attempted to install Windows-10 on a several PC's from DVD's burned from the downloaded x86 ISO's.  Both the initial RTM and the 1511 fail when copying files around 64% stating that a file is either missing or corrupt.  Windows-7 installs on these PC's with no issues.  The install fails when run as an upgrade or as a new install.

We have successfully installed the 64bit versions of Windows-10 from the ISO, both as a new install and as an upgrade.

We have no further information.  We rcognize that htis might not be the correct forum, but there is little information on where to post problems with the MSDN O/S ISO's.

You are in a development forum. This is not the right forum for this question.

Try this one.

Monday, January 18, 2016 4:10 PM
  • Totally unhelpful response.  If this is the wrong forum, please provide what is the correct forum? 
    Monday, January 18, 2016 6:28 PM
  • We downloaded the ISO images from MSDN, so we assumed that the problem could be specific to the MSDN ISO images.
    Monday, January 18, 2016 7:23 PM
  • Totally unhelpful response.  If this is the wrong forum, please provide what is the correct forum? 

I did exactly that. Did you misread my post?
    Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:42 PM

Hello RFT,

I see that you are having a hard time installing the Windows 10 x86 (32-bit) operating system in your PC where you are able to install Windows 10 64-bit Successfully.

Can you please answer and confirm the following:

1. Please confirm whether you have downloaded the ISO from MSDN Subscription, if yes please do post the Windows 10 x86 ISO file name and SHA1 values. You can do so from the following link "http://implbits.com/products/hashtab/"

2. Please do provide me your PC configuration as your system configuration might prevent installing 32-bit operating system.

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

Don't Say Can't Say Can to Not

Thursday, January 21, 2016 5:45 PM
  • I have same issue.

I downloaded Win10/32bit dozens of times, but I alwyas get a corrupt file (it's just 4 megabyte long!).

Win10/64bit ISO downloads fine, but I need 32 bit version.

I downloaded it from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

Directly the ISO, not the Media Creation Tool.

Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:33 PM
  • I have same issue.

I downloaded Win10/32bit dozens of times, but I alwyas get a corrupt file (it's just 4 megabyte long!).

Win10/64bit ISO downloads fine, but I need 32 bit version.

I downloaded it from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

Directly the ISO, not the Media Creation Tool.

Dear _concorsi_

This section is for Visual Studio Subscription (Formerly MSDN Subscription) related queries and feedback. Please do contact the Microsoft Windows Support for your clarification.

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/237697e9-8504-4686-a19b-642cb3fd7393/how-to-contact-visual-studio-subscription-support-step-by-step-tutorial-w-screenshots?forum=msdnfeedback https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/64b37019-90cf-4633-a4c6-349512c33427/activating-subscription-with-work-email-and-subscription-id?forum=msdnfeedback

Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:00 PM