Unable to create Output for Stream Analytics Job - error with value in Table field but it's un-editable. RRS feed

• Question

• I am running into an issue creating the output for my Stream Analytics job. I am trying to use Table Storage as the sink. I do have a storage account created but no tables yet. In the past when I created the SA output, it would automatically create the table. But now, I am getting an error when trying to create my SA output - the message is that the Table field has an invalid entry - the length of 0 is not acceptable. The field is in fact blank but it is un-editable. Any ideas as to how to resolve this issue?

Friday, July 29, 2016 11:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Peejster,

We are actively working on adding the create new table from the portal when you add the output.

For now you have 3 ways to work-around this limitation:

1. In the subscription drop-down pick "Provide table storage settings manually" and type in the Storage Account, Storage account key, Table name, Partition key and Row key.
    2. Go to the Classic portal (https://manage.windowsazure.com) and add the output through there.
    3. Use a tool to explore your storage account (e.g. visual studio) and create the table through there, then go back to the add output experience and select the table you created.

Thanks!

Ziv.

Friday, July 29, 2016 11:49 PM