none
Integrating Yammer webpart programmatically - blank result RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to integrate Yammer on a SharePoint 2010 intranet (on-premise) with no success. The actual goal: to show a group feed.

I'm adding the webpart programmatically following the instructions: https://about.yammer.com/success/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/Yammer-For-SharePoint-2010-Programmatic-Configuration.pdf

The webpart appears on the page, but only showing the header, nothing about Yammer. No error, nothing, totally blank/empty body.

Any ideas of what's happening or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

SPFile oPage = oSite.RootWeb.GetFile(PageUrl);

SPLimitedWebPartManager oWPManager = oPage.GetLimitedWebPartManager(PersonalizationScope.Shared);
    YammerAppsWebPart oWP = new YammerAppsWebPart();
    oWPManager.AddWebPart(oWP, ZoneId, ZoneIndex);

Dictionary<string, string> webpartProperties = new Dictionary<string,string>();
    webpartProperties.Add("network_id", WebConfigurationManager.AppSettings["YammerAPNetworkId"]);
    webpartProperties.Add("page_url", oPage.Url);
    webpartProperties.Add("app_id", "Group");
    webpartProperties.Add("app_type", "Feed");
    webpartProperties.Add("id", "Feed");
    webpartProperties.Add("feed_id", GroupId);

oWP.Title = WPTitle;
    oWP.SharedProperties = webpartProperties;
    oWPManager.SaveChanges(oWP);

Monday, June 2, 2014 8:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to integrate Yammer web part with SharePoint.

I had read the article and fount that there were some require parameters should be configured.

Such as the network_id, page_url, app_id, app_type, id, feed_id and feed_name.

In you code, I could not find the parameter “feed_name”. You can add the “feed_name” to check whether it works.

As I’m not familiar with the configuration about Yammer web part, if I misunderstand please correct me.

For this issue, I recommend you can post your question to the forum for Yammer.

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/176.aspx

More experts will assist you, then you will get more information relation to Yammer.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jason Guo
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Lindali Sunday, June 15, 2014 7:53 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 2:57 AM