Upgrade SSRS from sql sver 2005 to sql server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1685643308 posted
    Hello,

I have a reporting project project which is being used in one oy asp.net web application .
    The reports have been created in sql 2005 and now I want to upgrade these to 2008.
    I have somehow managed to deploy the reporting project In sql 2008. By making the targetserverurl : http://localhost:8080/reportserver
    But Now I am unable to consume these reports in my Asp.net application . Please Help me with this.
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 2:38 AM

Answers

• User-830595639 posted

Hi Abhinav,

Check the URL you have given in your ASP.NET code, also check wheather you are able to open the ReportManager from your local machine and then you can use the URL. As per my knowledge, there should not be any code change for calling the Reports.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 2:59 AM

All replies

• User-830595639 posted

Hi Abhinav,

If your Reports are working find from the ReportManager 2008 then there should no change in your .net code, as per my knowledge.

Please explain what is the problem you are facing.

Sunday, October 2, 2011 2:41 AM
  • User-1685643308 posted

This is the error I am getting" The attempt to connect to the report server failed.  Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version" 

The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

Source Error:

Line 421:            Dim PARAM4 As New Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter("TO_DATE", strToDate)
    Line 422:            Dim P As Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter() = {PARAM1, PARAM2, PARAM3, PARAM4}
    Line 423: ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(P) Line 424:
    Line 425:        ElseIf Request.QueryString("Type").ToUpper = "PO_AMMENDED_REPORT" Then

PLease suggest me what can the problem be? and how to resolve it..
    Monday, October 3, 2011 2:16 AM
  • User-830595639 posted

Hi Abhinav,

Check the URL you have given in your ASP.NET code, also check wheather you are able to open the ReportManager from your local machine and then you can use the URL. As per my knowledge, there should not be any code change for calling the Reports.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 2:59 AM