Deleting Assets Gives Error RRS feed

• Question

• In my tests I've uploaded a bunch of test content and tested out deleting them. In some instances I deleted the actual container first. Now I can't seem to delete the asset that was associated with it. I now have lingering "Assets" that I can't seem to clear out. The only message I get returned back is when attempting the DeleteAsset call:

"An error occurred while processing this request."

Not too deep on the explanation. I also tried deleting the same asset from the web UI and got the exact same result. Is there any other way to clear out these assets?

-Tim

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:41 AM

Answers

• I think the limit is 20 based on the max number of storage accounts that you can have.
    • Marked as answer by Tim__68 Wednesday, February 6, 2013 1:21 AM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 11:13 PM

All replies

• How old is your Windows Azure Media Services account?  If you create a new one does it have the same issues?
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:38 PM
  • Perhaps there are pending jobs associated with those assets?
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:46 PM
  • I think the account if fairly old - however the dates from October and December are the ones that I'm having the most issues with. Since everything in there now is all test content I'm contemplating just killing the account and starting a new one as I now have a bunch of assets & locators that I can't delete.

Is there a default limit for the number of WAMS  accounts for a given subscription? Not that I'm expecting to need a lot, but I know I'll be asked the question.

• Edited by Tim__68 Monday, February 4, 2013 7:58 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 6:55 PM
  • I think the limit is 20 based on the max number of storage accounts that you can have.
    • Marked as answer by Tim__68 Wednesday, February 6, 2013 1:21 AM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 11:13 PM