Back button and UIP RRS feed

• Question

• User-1303368272 posted
    It looks like the browser back button is not meant to function with the UIP block. Has anyone found a workaround? I like the idea of a wizard based system, but I think the user should still be able to click the back button and change some details they entered.
    Friday, August 8, 2003 2:43 PM

All replies

• User736975731 posted
    Good point. I just started looking at this block. The back button is a client side navigation that doesn't even need to hit the server when the page is cached. I guess you could have the node that the view represents stored in the viewstate. In that way, even when you "jump" back through the navigation graph by hitting the back button, the controller should be able to reconstruct where you are. Or something like that :) .
    Tuesday, August 12, 2003 1:58 PM
  • User1152223658 posted
    I have a back button on my Page as the browser having code history.back() but if i have some post true controls on the page the page then have in history twice. so what should i do to control this problem. Regards,
    Thursday, August 21, 2003 5:34 AM
  • User97749674 posted
    For a wizard, I'm going to open up popup windows with only a title bar - would that be enough? I definitely don't see using this block to build an entire web site! but I'm using it to build wizards. Think the popup window would work? BTW the main problem I have with this block is the name - or rather the name displayed on the forums - its User Interface PROCESS block - until I got used to it, I was assuming it was a block that allowed you to separate UI, like how the community mod is skinned!
    Saturday, August 23, 2003 3:07 PM
  • User97749674 posted
    Any comments? I still haven't implemented this yet, curious what everyone else thinks
    Tuesday, August 26, 2003 2:10 PM
  • User1877495856 posted
    That is an improvement (a javascript window w/o nav buttons). A user can still use ATL+ arrow keys instead of clicking back/forward ... I guess it depends on the audience. Most users probably won't.
    Wednesday, October 1, 2003 6:16 PM
  • User640821192 posted
    Hi! There's a fix for this problem available at the GotDotNet UIP Workspace. Regards, Hardy
    Saturday, January 24, 2004 9:34 AM
  • User-2095073870 posted
    How can the fix work if the pages are cached and the there is no activity on the server side? Do we need to disable caching? Thanks
    Thursday, January 29, 2004 12:00 PM
  • User-162445685 posted

Hi, I am looking for the solution and a sample code for Back Button in UIPAB 2.0.

The suggest link is not opening. 

It shows "The GotDotNet site is being phased out".

Please give me a working link.

Thanks

Vijay

Monday, August 6, 2007 7:55 AM