none
How to add async data from sql server to rdlc RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I want to show data on rdlc asynchronously. Is there any method to do this?

Let me share the scenario. Actually there are more than 10 billion records which I need to fetch and populate on rdlc. It is taking too much time retrieve data from sql server. So I thought to fetch data asynchronously. I got below post to fetch data from sql server asynchronously:

http://geekswithblogs.net/frankw/archive/2008/07/05/execute-transact-sql-statement-asynchronously.aspx

Now I want to load these data on dataset dynamically from async method. Obviously, xsd is already created and static. I want to add asych data to dataset and I am able to do it. But, while adding dataset to rdlc at runtime it is showing an error that report viewer dataset is readonly.

I need a process to load data number of times in dataset unless all data processed and want to bind all dataset to rdlc one by one. 1- Fetch data, load on dataset, bind to rdlc, 2- fetch data, load on dataset, bind to rdlc, so on.

In this way some one can see data while report is on process instead of waiting for the whole report to load atleast.

Can anyone share how to achieve this functionality or is there any alternative way to this?

Thanks Chandrabhanu

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:16 AM