Does anyone know if it is possible to deploy a web application using the trial version on visual studio professional 2010 c#? RRS feed

• Question

• User-500801405 posted

Does anyone know if it is possible to deploy a web application using the trial version on visual studio professional 2010 c#?

Or simply access the exe file?

I just need the project compiled so I can show it on another computer

The debug and 'release' folders only exist as XML files not in the bin folder. Once I have ran the debug and release two new files are created in the bin folder but as application extensions saved as .dll

Please help

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 4:12 PM

Answers

• User-760709272 posted

That's what a web site is, dlls that live in a bin folder and various config and mark-up files elsewhere.  When hostsed IIS knows what to do with them, there is no EXE, web sites are not stand-alone things.  Also you can create these files but the license forbids you from releasing production sites.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 4:30 PM

All replies

• User-760709272 posted

That's what a web site is, dlls that live in a bin folder and various config and mark-up files elsewhere.  When hostsed IIS knows what to do with them, there is no EXE, web sites are not stand-alone things.  Also you can create these files but the license forbids you from releasing production sites.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 4:30 PM
  • User-500801405 posted

Tried to open the file in internet explorer but the web page opens and then the document just appears as a download

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 4:41 PM
  • User-760709272 posted

You have to host the site in IIS.  In IIS you create a site and bind the site to the root folder (the folder that contains the bin folder) and you access the pages that way.  You can't access it direct via the browser, you have to host it in iis.  Google for configuring a site in iis and you'll find some walkthroughs.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:09 PM
  • User-500801405 posted

Ahh I see. 

Think I can use this video to guide me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQgbOIjWgBs

Thanks for your help

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 5:17 PM