none
Reporting Trends Over Time - Project Online RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We currently run a PowerShell script in our POL environment each month to track changes in items contained within a PDP e.g. Overall Project Status, month-on-month.

More recently, a requirement has arisen to report change in risk status over time. We capture risks in SharePoint lists on the Project Site. My current understanding is that it is not possible to use PowerShell to iterate through every project risk on every project site (>150 projects, >200 risks at the moment). And even if it was, this would generate a great deal of data each month. 

Does anyone have, or has come across a creative solution for capturing risk status month-on-month? I'd prefer to do so at an individual risk level though would consider capturing "overall risk" on the project which could be calculated from summing and dividing all the numeric risk scores on the Project.

Note: I'd rather not introduce an "Overall Risk" field in the PDP which I could do, but would lose the objectivity currently provided by using numeric values across multiple risks to calculate an average. If we did this, I suspect it would introduce a tendency for risk level to be under-reported.

Cheers
    Faye

Sunday, November 10, 2019 9:49 PM

All replies