Hidden buttons for a Report Manager site - SSRS 2014 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've installed SSRS 2014 by putting the report manager site and the report server service on a front-end server, and the report server databases on a second ad-hoc machine. Both these two servers having Windows Server 2012 R2. Inside the report manager my login belongs to the system administrator role. When I access to this publishing site using the IE browser of the front-end server I cannot see the all buttons present in the home page. I can observe only these buttons in the tile view:

No new folder button, no new data source button and no upload file button.

I think that the issue is due to the Internet Explorer settings of the front-end machine.

When I try to access to the same report manager site by using a IE browser of a machine having Windows Server 2008 R2 I can see all five buttons of the publishing site.

Moreover, my login is a local administrator for the front-end server.

Now, how can I adjust the display of the Report Manager?

Many thanks

UPDATE: inside the front-end machine if I run the SSRS Configuration Manager as administrator and from here I launch the report manager site, with my login I can see the all 5 buttons of the publishing site.

• Edited by pscorca Monday, March 7, 2016 9:39 PM update
    Monday, March 7, 2016 9:08 PM

Answers

• If you are running the browser on the same machine, you need to run as an Administrator. Otherwise, the browser runs with least user access. If you run from a different machine, you don't need to elevate the browser as Admin.

I have IE in my task bar. Right click IE icon, right click Internet Explorer, select to run as Admin.

Brad Syputa, Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence This posting is provided ASIS with no warranties.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 8:41 PM

All replies

• What versions of the browser are you using ?

Browser version where you are facing issues?

Browser version where you are not facing issue?

Have you tried to IE in compatibility mode?

• Edited by MLTC Tuesday, March 8, 2016 4:55 AM
    Monday, March 7, 2016 10:51 PM
  • The IE browser version where I'm facing the issue is 11.0.9600.18161. This browser is installed on the front-end SSRS machine having Windows Server 2012 R2.

The IE browser version where I'm not facing the issue is 11.0.9600.17633. This browser is installed on the unique SSRS machine having Windows Server 2008 R2

So, in both environment I'm using IE vers. 11.

I've tried to use the compatibility mode for the IE browser present on the front-end SSRS machine with Windows Server 2012 R2 without any results.

As I said, inside this front-end machine, when I run the SSRS Configuration Manager as administrator and from here I launch the report manager site, I can see all the 5 buttons.

Thanks

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 9:30 AM
  • Do I need to accomplish any setting about SSRS configuration?

Thanks

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 11:28 AM
  • If you are running the browser on the same machine, you need to run as an Administrator. Otherwise, the browser runs with least user access. If you run from a different machine, you don't need to elevate the browser as Admin.

I have IE in my task bar. Right click IE icon, right click Internet Explorer, select to run as Admin.

Brad Syputa, Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence This posting is provided ASIS with no warranties.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 8:41 PM